Face masks and cocktails at the ready…
I'm sure a lot of us are making our way through allllllll of the films online at the moment, rightly so! But I know it can be tedious scrolling through, looking for something you haven't already seen. Well, here are just a few wonderfully feel good films I adore and maybe you will also enjoy this Friday (all on Netflix).
10 Feel Good Friday Films...
1) The breakfast club (1985) - Five high school students from different walks of life endure a Saturday detention under a power-hungry principle.
2) Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - Intending to make one last duck-out before graduation, Ferris call in sick, "borrows" a Ferrari and embarks on a one-day journey through he streets of Chicago.
3) The Never Ending Story (1984) - On his way to school, Bastian ducks into a bookstore to avoid bullies. Sneaking away with a book called "the Never Ending Story", Bastian begins reading it in the school attic...
4) When Harry Met Sally (1989) - College graduates share a car ride from Chicago to New York, during which they argue about whether men and women can ever be platonic friends. Ten years later they meet in a bookshop...
5) Burlesque (2010) - Ali, a small town gal with a great voice, leaves a troubled life behind and follows her dreams to Los Angeles. She lands a job as a cocktail waitress at the Burlesque Lounge.
6) Someone Great (2019) - Dumped by her long-term boyfriend, a music journalist recruits her two best friends for one last adventure in NYC before she moves to San Francisco.
7) Legally Blonde (2001) - Elle Woods rallies all of her resources and gets into Harvard, determined to win back her love and become Mrs. Warner Huntington III.
8) Easy A (2010) - Olive, a clean cut than decides to spice things up by telling a little lie about losing her virginity but the high-school busy body overhears and spreads it all over campus.
9) Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle (2003) - The Angels are ready to go undercover to retrieve two missing silver wedding rings containing valuable encrypted information.
10) Chalet Girl (2011) - While working a job at an exclusive ski resort to support her dad, Kim learns to snowboard and Is so good that she enters a competition to win a huge cash prize. She has to dig deep to overcome her fears, but life gets more complicated when she becomes involved with boss, Jonny.
Join the discussion of twitter @OneWay_Arts
Illustrations by @red_cheeky_drawings